ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment has been used by salons for years as a service which provides more effective and longer lasting results than any single step treatment or intensive conditioner. This unique treatment is formulated with activated proteins and magnesium which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. Hair breakages is drastically reduced for 4-6 weeks following use.
For best results a hooded dryer is required. After rinsing and moisturizing with ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer, clients are astounded with the results. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment can help improve other salon services as well and is highly recommended for hair that:
- Is too weak or fine to take a perm, bleach, straightener or relaxer. (use the week PRIOR to service)
- Is over-bleached.
- Will not hold color. (use PRIOR to color application for 30% less fade after 10 shampoos and truer shades)
- Breaks when combed or brushed.
- Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying.
- Has lost it’s curl pattern due to chemical over processing
Shake well before use! Keep out of eyes. If product gets into the eyes, rinse thoroughly with clean water. (The pH of ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is about that of lemon juice and it will cause similar eye irritation).
- Gently cleanse hair with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair. Rinse thoroughly and towel blot dry.
- Apply enough ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment to thoroughly saturate hair and comb blend for even distribution.
- Leave hair uncovered, DO NOT use a plastic cap. Seat client under medium heat dryer. (Alternatively, a hand dryer may be used, but hair SHOULD NOT be agitated while drying.) NOTE: When ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is dried into the hair, the hair becomes extremely hard. DO NOT comb or brush hair while ApHogee Two-Step ProteinTreatment is dried and in the hair.
- Re-wet and gently rinse thoroughly with warm water. Repeat.
- Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to hair and scalp. Leave in for 2 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Proceed to next service or style as usual.
RELAXING AND STRAIGHTENING:
Do not use ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment within 24 Hours of Relaxer application. ApHogee is acidic and the hair and scalp should be allowed this time to equilibrate between the highly alkaline Relaxer pH and Two-Step Treatment
Before Relaxer: If analysis indicates the hair is overly weak and in-elastic, prior to the relaxer service, we recommend an ApHogee Treatment at least one day prior to the service and re-evaluation prior to relaxing.
Following Relaxer: If a relaxer service results in damage and breakage, wait 24 hours before application. If the service resulted in any scalp blistering or breaks in the skin, treat as called for and postpone the ApHogee service until healing is complete. (This is to avoid stinging)